Great Lakes Bushcraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill

3 posters

Go down

Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill Empty Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill

Post by Friartuck Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm

I love modding old carbon kitchen knives to a more bushcrafty purpose. One of my favorite things is stumbling upon one or two at the thrift stores but pickings have been slim lately. That is, until today. There were two water pitchers and one platter with knives on them and they were taped up to be sold as a bundle. By looking through the tape I could see a few hi-carbon beauties but the jackpot was what I hit. These are just the ones that I'm going to keep and mod. Most of the stainless was junk that I won't use so will likely try to sell on ebay, give away or just re-donate to Goodwill.

The skinner, Forgecraft butcher and that little one with the pewter bolsters make it worthwile by themselves but there are a few I plan to keep as part of my butchering set, others will be modded into a few different things.

Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill 3910aac1

Friartuck
Basic Firestarter
Basic Firestarter

Back to top Go down

Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill Empty Re: Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill

Post by Jeff "LFB" Kindy Tue May 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Man that is an awesome haul! I can never find any good knives at the Will.
Jeff
Jeff "LFB" Kindy
Admin
Admin

http://www.greatlakesbushcraft.com

Back to top Go down

Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill Empty Re: Hit the hi-carbon jackpot today at Goodwill

Post by Mathan Maloch Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah that is great. I cant find anything at the resale stores. Great find.
Mathan Maloch
Mathan Maloch
Basic Firestarter
Basic Firestarter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down